This position will be working in our Boise & Nampa SANE program. A background & fingerprint clearance through the Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is required.
This position is responsible for greeting, directing, and assisting patients and visitors in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner and throughout their visit. Scheduling and registering patients, including the accurate collection of required data. Staff will also determine eligibility for services, and counsel patients regarding payment policies, monitoring and collection of monies due. The receptionist is also responsible for the overall management of the waiting room atmosphere, keeping patients informed about wait times, and ensuring a comfortable and clean waiting area.
* Ensure that proper customer service is being delivered at all times.
* Manage the phone system; including: answering multiline phones, triaging patient needs and requests, and managing staff messages.
* Schedule and ensure that appointments are confirmed.
* Ensure patient demographics are accurate and up to date when scheduling an appointment and upon patient check-in.
* Complete data entry into the PM system, which includes scanning and entering of all necessary registration records for each patient.
* Complete chart preparation, as needed.
* Manage necessary financial and insurance records on all patients, based upon eligible program and/or insurance coverage. Ensure information is updated in PM system.
* Determine coverage eligibility for insured patients prior to time of service, as appropriate.
* Inform insured patients of their financial obligation for any services provided, as appropriate.
* Ensure that patients covered under special grants, Medicaid, Medicare or other financial programs have been informed of, and agree to, any financial obligation that they will incur for non-covered services provided. Provide the patient with the appropriate form(s) and/or information sheet.
* Establish payment arrangement terms with patients, according to the TR general credit policy.
* Follow collection policies and procedures for all services provided, according to TR policies.
* Balance payments and close the day's activities. Post charges and collections. Complete Batch Form and bank the deposit, according to TR policies.
* Maintain cash box.
* Accurately educate patients on Terry Reilly policies and protocols, including missed appointments, Patient-Centered Medical Home, new patient appointments, scheduling, etc.
* Direct patients accurately, appropriately and helpfully regarding accessing all TR services. Is aware of patient referral resources and guides patients in accessing available programs and services, including financial, homeless and zero pay appointments as appropriate.
* Document all patient discussions, incidents, complaints, etc. per TR policies. Receive, send, and promptly and professionally respond to flags and phone notes in the EHR system as well as to voicemail and email. Enter recall flags promptly and accurately into the EHR system.
* Assure parental or legal guardian consent form is obtained prior to treatment of minors per company policy.
* Complete and obtain signatures for release or transfer of health records per TR policy.
* Regularly attend and contribute to Divisional, Functional and Care Team meetings. Is responsible for promptly requesting and reviewing agenda and minutes for all missed meetings.
* Sort and distribute clinic mail on a daily basis, as assigned.
* Order all office supplies for clinic operation, as assigned.
* Ability to work well with the public.
* Good verbal and written skills with pleasant and articulate telephone voice.
* Basic bookkeeping skills cash handling, posting charges, and deposits.
* Ability to use a computer, Microsoft Office products, scanner, calculator, and multi-line telephone.
* Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Requires repetitive use of hands and ability to speak, hear, and see.
* Experience as a receptionist in a medical, dental, or social services setting.
* Strong bookkeeping or accounting skills.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Bilingual abilities (English/Spanish).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: aseptic technique, biomedical, biopharma, dietary, disease, immunoassay, medical, microbiological, pharmacy, therapeutic