Job Title: Department Manager, Analysis & Controls
Org: Analysis & Controls
Contact: ...@inl.gov, ...@inl.gov
Work Location: Idaho Falls, ID (9x80 schedule)
Securing the Nation Bit by Byte and Addressing the Threats of Tomorrow, Today
Mission: Discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Vision: INL will change the world's energy future and secure our critical infrastructure.
The Analysis and Controls Department Manager is a key leadership position within Cybercore that works closely with the Deputy Directors for Operations and Programs and other Cybercore Department Managers and Program/Project managers. Responsibilities of the Department Manager include:
* Development and execution of department level strategy that is aligned with the overall strategic goals and direction of Cybercore
* Establishing and implementing high standards for safety, security, and environmental compliance in all aspects of the organization
* Establishing policies, standards, expectations, and measures for staff performance and development
* Providing effective management and leadership of personnel and capital resources to advance Cybercore programs and capabilities
* Communicating and collaborating with Cybercore leadership and other managers to effectively project staffing and resource needs
* Recruiting, hiring, development, performance management and personnel management of cyber security R&D staff
* The development of an organizational culture that is transparent, positive, collaborative, and continually learning
* Fostering the development of new research ideas to inform the Cybercore R&D portfolio and oversees the planning and execution of departmental LDRD projects
* Effectively integrating resources throughout N&HS business lines
* Ensuring all facilities, laboratories and spaces under departmental responsibility are operated in a compliant manner and in accordance with applicable laboratory procedures, directives, and regulations
* Performing special assignments as determined by the Cybercore Director and/or Deputy Director for Operations
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) \"Q\" security clearance. Candidates with a current \"Q\" clearance will be highly preferred.
Must be willing and able to complete a polygraph and become a full-time member of DOE's Field Intelligence Element.
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of relevant work experience or Advanced Degree and 6 years.
Relevant experience includes managing groups, programs or projects, as well as building and leading technical teams
Preferred candidates will have experience writing intelligence reports/products for federal, state or local government clients, technical expertise with industrial control systems and cyber security with large public or military infrastructure
Ability to develop collaborative, strategic partnerships with USG, universities and industry partners
Should have experience in contractor-government relationship management and understand the uniqueness of the DOE national laboratories management and operating (M&O) business model. Must lead through the development of plans and objectives for the enterprise as a whole.
Must have the ability to work with employees, mid- and senior-level management on complex issues and form a consensus where there is a wide range of opinions and methodologies. Must develop proper compromises when needed, and firm position when appropriate.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). This includes U.S. born and naturalized citizens, parolees, undocumented immigrants, legal permanent residents, asylum seekers, refugees, and all males with visas of any kind which expired more than 30 days ago. The few individuals who are exempt from this requirement are those on current non-immigrant visas. For more information see www.sss.gov.
Employee Job Functions
Employee Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job position which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
Please Apply Before:
March 28, 2019 (Midnight, MST)
Environmental, Safety and Health Statement
Must be familiar with, and comply with all relevant health and safety requirements. Must be knowledgeable of emergency action policies and procedures, methods for reporting/resolving work practices or conditions to available cognizant professionals.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 4,300 scientists, researchers and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and develop technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security and environmental missions.
The Idaho Falls Area
Idaho Falls is conveniently situated near many national treasures such as Yellowstone National Park, Teton National Park, Jackson, WY, etc. For more information about the area, please visit www.visitidahofalls.com and www.visitidaho.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.