CNA - Restorative Nursing Aide
Good Samaritan Society in Idaho Falls, ID
- Industry: Healthcare - Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN/BSN/ASN)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $64,520.00 - 83,930.00 / Year*
Location: Good Samaritan Society Idaho Falls Village
Address: 840 E Elva St, Idaho Falls, ID 83401-2899 USA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: Various Shifts Available
- This position provides care to assigned residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards, procedures and individualized resident care plans.
- Uses appropriate mobility, balance and strengthening exercises, incorporating into therapeutic activities. Includes using adaptive equipment, fall prevention, appropriate turning, positioning and repositioning techniques, basic range of motion exercises, and good body mechanics.
- Assists with training and implementation of special programs designed to assist residents to attain and maintain their highest functional level of independence.
- Includes dressing/undressing programs, grooming, bathing, toileting, exercise/movement, and eating/swallowing programs.
- Demonstrates correct use and application of ice and paraffin baths, heat packets etc. according to state specific regulations.
- Completes documentation of cares and behaviors, recognizes and reports changes in resident condition promptly and obtains resident report prior to providing care.
- Uses the EMR accurately.
- Handles linens properly and disposes of soiled linens, clothing or supplies in adherence to regulations and guidelines uses standard precautions by using personal protective equipment and observes transmission guidelines, washes hands between resident cares, reports signs / symptoms of resident infections to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- A high school education or higher education is not required to be hired into this job.
- Completion of a CNA training program, training if required by state and at least 40 hours of specific training related to restorative care procedures (may be provided by licensed therapists providing service within the center/campus).
- Ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
- Basic restorative therapy skills.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Division: NURSING SERVICES
Req ID: req37268
Associated topics: asn, intensive, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, tcu
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Idaho Falls, ID!