Charge Nurse RN - Gero Psych (American Falls)
Bingham Memorial Hospital in American Falls, ID
- Industry: Healthcare - Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN/BSN/ASN)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $64,520.00 - 83,930.00 / Year*
We are looking for a highly motivated RegisteredNurses to join our ever growing team here at Bingham. You must be willing and able to learn new skills and adapt to change often, as the medical field is ever changing. You must have good communication skills and be detail oriented. If you are looking for a rewarding and fulfilling career and enjoy fast paced environments this will be a good fit for you.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing program. Bachelor's degree (preferred) or associate degree in nursing.
Minimum Work Experience :1 year experience as a in psychiatric nursing preferred.
Required Licenses / Certifications: RN License and BLS, ACLS
Possesses the following skills: Ability to organize work and delegate to other staff members.Ability to work independently but willing to consult the Director of Nursing at appropriate times.Ability to work with staff in a leadership position.
1. Assigns, directs, and delegates the nursing staff on the designated shift according to patient needs and staff capabilities.
2. Considers priorities when making all assignments.
3. Makes rounds at least twice during the shift, at the beginning and at the end.
4. Assesses patient care and makes adjustments to assignments or to the care as needed.
5. Ensures that required documentation is complete.
6. Manages the unit s well as patient care requirements during times of crisis such as escalating behavior, elopement, and suicidal behavior.
7. Manages the admission assignments.
8. Ensures that there is nursing representation at treatment team meetings.
9. Communicates with physicians, social workers, and all relevant professionals as required.
10. Assigns staff to breaks, mealtimes, and unit tasks for the shift.
11. Maintains a safe environment that supports patients rights.
12. Determines the appropriateness of overtime, and consults with unit nurse manager if required.
13. Provides a report to the oncoming shift, anticipating any changes in patients needs or unit needs.
14. Supervises the staff to ensure that the required work is completed.
15. Employs the ethical code of the American Nurses Association in decision making.
Associated topics: bsn, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse clinical, surgical, tcu
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near American Falls, ID!